Aura of worlds is a creative tactics rogue-lite platformer. It has a strong focus on exploration, improvisation and manipulating the environment to your advantage. You progress through utilizing your wits, reflexes and a plethora of innovative abilities.
Procedural levels range from pursuing toxic pollen; to flooded passages lined with explosives; to bosses spanning the entire labyrinth.
There are multiple solutions to every problem. For example, if there is a laser force field trap in front of you do you...:
- Throw an enemy into it?
- Blow up the conduit with a grenade?
- Blink through it?
- Cloak yourself to pass through undetected?
Aura of Worlds is under active development. Things are subject to ongoing content additions and improvements; with updates posted about once every 2-5 weeks (notification in game).
NOTE: Steam keys are now available to everyone who purchased the game this up until the end of May.
Don't worry though; the game has gone through trial by fire across over 1000 players at conventions (like PAX), developer meetups and testing groups over the years.
Buying the game now entitles you to:
- A discounted price (the price will eventually rise to $15 on full release)
- All project updates (you'll be notified in game) from now till the end of time.
- A Steam key if bought during or before April 2018 :)
- The first 3 procedural worlds: each with their own unique layout types, hazards and special level themes (all unlocked at the start if purchased in the first week).
- Multiple hours of strategic challenge; with no two levels ever playing out the same way.
- Over 60 unique enemies and traps
- Handcrafted pixel-art visuals and custom OST.
- So much more...
Unsure if this is your kind of game? Like to see what others have to say first?
Check out our Wall of Press coverage for let's plays and articles :). Note that the game has improved much since then; with many more refinements since.
You will need:
- A computer running Windows XP or higher.
- The .Net framework installed (which you should be prompted for by Microsoft if it isn't)
- mouse and keyboard
an Xbox controller
- If you are running the demo on a low end windows laptop; please select dedicated graphics for smoother performance (right click->graphics process)
Handy related links:
Feel free to use the comments section for tips (we'll set up a forum later)
Last Update - 23rd May 2018 (v 0.65.4)
To contact us directly (or if you're press and would like a key) please message: